Paula Cooper Gallery is seeking a full-time Communications and Marketing Manager to join our team. The position will lead the Gallery’s press relations, design and digital initiatives, advertising, and social media platforms. The role requires a strong marketing sensibility, sense of design, and advanced software skills. Candidate must be creative, rigorous, is accustomed to thinking strategically and with a strong interest and experience in contemporary art PR. The Communications and Marketing Manager will work closely with the senior staff and sales team to develop strategies to promote gallery exhibitions and art fairs, as well as artist events outside of the gallery.
Responsibilities will include:
• Oversee and implementing public relations and marketing initiatives
• Write and format digital campaigns as well as social media content for Instagram, Twitter, WeChat.
• Create digital press kits for gallery exhibitions and respond to press inquiries
• Maintain press database and build out network of press contacts
• Source and monitor press coverage
• Review digital campaign analytics and sales trends, and make recommendations based on performance; optimize SEM strategies
• Manage timetable for communications materials, events and initiatives
• In-house graphic design and printing of sales materials as needed
• BA and/or Master’s degree in Art History or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of art industry experience required, preferably in Communications
• Strong background in digital media design and editorial processes
• Familiarity with web analytics, social media, sales analytics and strategy, and SEM.
• Ease and enthusiasm in engaging with the press and public through traditional as well as social media channels
• Excellent written skills and knowledge of editorial processes and PR campaigns
• Experience in a commercial art gallery or arts institution’s press office and or arts focused PR agency preferred
• Fluent with Adobe CS5; Photoshop and InDesign (essential)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Mac OSX
• Excellent English language skills required
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.